At the Y, we believe in making a positive impact on individuals and families in need. As a charitable nonprofit organization, we offer financial assistance to provide a helping hand, making our programs and services accessible to all. Discover our straightforward application process to access the support you need and embark on your journey to a healthier, more fulfilling life. Financial assistance is funded through gracious donations from local individuals and businesses
How to apply?
- Please read and complete the financial assistance application noting the following:
- Supporting documentation, as indicated on that application, is required before processing can begin
- Depending on branch/location, where to send or drop off your application
- Allow at least three (3) weeks for processing from the time the last document is received
- You will receive a letter by mail notifying you of your qualifying status. Assistance will be granted for one year
Please note the specific information below on how to apply for general assistance for membership and programs, including Child Care and Summer Camp.
Assistance for Membership and Programs
Financial assistance is available for membership and programs offered by YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties. To qualify, please follow the steps above.
Assistance for Child Care in Pennsylvania
Prior to granting financial assistance for Child Care programs, YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties will need to verify if you qualify for funding through the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC). Child Care Works is a subsidized child care program that helps low-income families pay their child care fees. The state and federal governments fund this program, which is managed by the ELRC. Please review their guidelines to <determine your eligibility> and submit an application to ELRC. Please provide the Y with a copy of the eligibility letter you will receive from ELRC after they review your application.
Assistance for Child Care in New Jersey
For Hunterdon, Sussex and Warren County residents interested in financial assistance for child care in New Jersey (including before and after school care and care at our Child Learning Center), please complete application linked below and send per their instructions at the bottom of page 1.
Financial Assistance for Summer Camp
See below for two different procedures: one for new financial assistance applicants and the other for families who already have a current financial assistance contract.
Important camp financial assistance deadlines for all camp families:
Application due: One month prior to the day you would like for your child to begin camp
Camp Registration due: One week prior to the day you would like for your child to begin camp
Assistance for Summer Camp: New Applicants
New applicants for summer camp financial assistance should follow these steps:
- Submit a completed financial assistance application along with support documentation via mail to YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties, Attn: Catherine Refice, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least four weeks prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
- Allow three weeks for processing.
- After receiving your financial assistance determination, drop off or mail your camp registration packet to YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties, Attn: Camp Registration, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least one week prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
Please note: Families applying for camp at Cabrini and Quakertown should apply for ELRC assistance first. Those registering for camp using ELRC should register in-person at the branch or by contacting the camp team via email.
Assistance for Summer Camp: Existing FA Contract
Camp families with a current financial assistance contract follow these steps:
Drop off or mail via your camp registration packet YMCA of Bucks and Hunterdon Counties, Attn: Camp Registration, 2500 Lower State Road, Doylestown, PA 18901 at least one week prior to the first day of camp you would like your child to attend.
Thank you to our Financial Assistance sponsors: